Thursday, March 8, 2012

Back in LA. 2012.

So I've been back in LA for just over 5 weeks and have fully settled in. I've navigated; battling jetlag, finding a place, buying a car, purchasing a surfboard, repairing the car, going to acting workshops, insuring the car, attending castings, registering the car, joining a gym, smogging the car and getting representation for commercials and v.o. I've met some amazing casting directors, been to some incredible studios, met a classic actor 'douchebag', got sunburnt, been on some hikes, played some Texas hold'em, cycled to Malibu, surfed, been on a yacht surrounded by dolphins, attended an Oscars Party, watched all 8 seasons of Spooks, and am just trying to soak it all up like a sponge and stay open to new things all the time. I've given up coffee, fallen off the wagon, resisted the urge for a bit, only to succumb again- I'm wondering if there are CoffeeAddictsAnonymous meetings I could be a part of?! Whatever-a guy has to Live! In fact I'm just finishing an "Angelina" at my favourite coffee house, presumably so-called because its sweet as a stolen kiss but ice cold and shaken up.


I've been visited by one of best friends from London, been accompanied by two others, reconnected with some mates out here: My gf is coming out for a fortnight, a snowboarding buddy is hooking us up for a boarding trip to Mammoth, 2 kilburnites are driving across the whole of America purely to come and see little old me (well that's how I see it), 2 jet setters will be over with their production company, another friend is coming over from Chicago and a fitness fanatic mate will be moving here from the UK in time to whip me in to shape. I am very lucky to have been kept busy and entertained so far with things on the horizon to look forward to.


I've auditioned to be detectives, students, rock stars, Postman Pat, aliens and today even 3 members of The Beatles - to name a few. Call me a bit 'green' still (despite this being my second pilot season) but the variety and constancy is still refreshing - even with the Californian Sun beating down on you the whole time. But. Anyone who's listened to the Poison classic will know that 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' though and there are obviously times where you can feel completely isolated and mildly insane for what you're daring to believe in. That said this is the Mecca of the entertainment industry and if you're going to aspire to anything, why not this & here?

so that's a general 'what I've been up to' and where I am now. Short(-ish) and sweet.
Thanks for checking in
T

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment